Today I have another great and to me very special guest post for you guys. This one almost made me cry. Meet Marthe from Upclose & Polished:
Hello Everyone 🙂
I am located in Ålesund, Norway in the north west, and I am thrilled to have this opportunity, to come on Sabrina’s blog to shine for a few minutes 🙂 ❤ My name is Marthe a bubbly personality and the owner of the little hobby corner Upclose&Polished.com. Feel free to step by and say hi 🙂 Continue reading
This post is all about Multiple Sclerosis Awareness. MS week is March 11-17. I thought it would be a great idea to arrange an event that involves orange manicures for MS Awareness. Read all about it below and please join! 😀
Multiple sclerosis (or MS) is a chronic, often disabling disease that attacks the central nervous system (CNS), which is made up of the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerves. Symptoms may be mild, such as numbness in the limbs, or severe, such as paralysis or loss of vision. The progress, severity, and specific symptoms of MS are unpredictable and vary from one person to another. Today, new treatments and advances in research are giving new hope to people affected by the disease.
I was diagnosed with MS myself a year ago. I’ve learned a lot the last year and I am sure that I will not let this ruin my life! Because what doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger 😉
“Lacquered in Orange” -guidelines-:
- Orange is generally associated with MSA (with an orange ribbon). As such, I would be delighted if you show me, and everyone else, your orange manicure(s) in a ‘MSA’ blog post(s).
- This event starts today and ends by the end of this month.
- There are no ‘rules’! If you like to include nail art or not is of course entirely up to you.
- My sweet brother in law created the ‘logo‘ above. Please add it to your blog post(s). Also, feel free to use it on (the sidebar of) your blog or any social media.
- Please add your work(s) of art to the Inlinkz Collection below so that everyone can admire it/them.
- It would be nice if you (hash)tag your orange manicure(s) with #MSA and #LacqueredInOrange, so that everyone can admire your work(s) of art!
- More important: spread the word! 😀
Here’s my orange manicure:
Alpine Snow by OPI
A Roll in The Hague by OPI
I would love to see your orange manicures!InLinkz collection:
Last by not least:
My dear friend Louise that you might know from her blog: Mommy Loves Nail Polish and her Etsy Shop: Love Nailz, is joining the MS walk this year with her family. A big shoutout to you Louise! Love ya girl!
The MS Walk is a community event that brings together people touched by Multiple Sclerosis. At the MS Walk, people affected by MS connect with others who understand the daily realities of their disease. Every year over 65,000 participants in more than 160 communities across Canada gather at the MS Walk to engage with each other and raise vital funds for people living with MS.
Read all about it (and/or donate) here.
National MS Society
MS National Research Institute
Nationaal MS Fonds (NL)
MS Research (NL)
MS Vereniging Nederland (NL)
Toekomst met MS (NL)