Today I have a cute dreamcatcher design to show you with a tutorial. Let’s jump right into it, shall we?For this mani I used the following products:
My Boyfriend Scales Walls by OPI (base)
Liquid leather by China Glaze
Velvet chinchilla by ANNY
Fake fur by ANNY
Indian sun by ANNY
Rock the hill by ANNY
Catch fire by ANNY
The feathers on my index- and ring finger are made with brown and grey polish, instead of a combo of black and gray as shown on my middle finger.
1. Start with a white base. I used a grey toned white: My Boyfriend Scales Walls by OPI.
2. With a medium sized striper and black polish draw the first line. If you like this design as an accent nail only, than you could draw the first line higher towards the cuticle.
3. Draw three vertical stripes in different lengths.
4. Use a dotting tool and the green polish to add three different sized dots. I used the same sized dotting tool for all the dots but of course it’s all up to you if you use multiple sized ones 😉 Whatever you feel most comfortable with!
5. Add two yellow dots in between the green ones.
6. Use a blurple polish and gently dot directly in the green and yellow dots. 7. Draw a single stripe to remind you how you’d like the shape of the feather is going to be.
8. Use a medium striper and black polish to swipe small lines. This is much easier when you give the polish a few seconds to dry a bit before you start swiping 😉 Otherwise the lines get to opaque and the feather look will get ruined.
9. Repeat step 8 but use a gray polish instead of the black.
10. Use a dotting tool and orange polish to add three dots in a row.
11. Add smaller green dots in the orange ones and give the design time to dry thoroughly. You don’t want to smear the design! After it’s completely dry, add a top coat for a smooth and shiney finish.Let me know your thoughts about this mani in the comments below 😀 And as said before: any ideas, suggestions etc. for new tutorials are very much appreciated! I’m open for everything 😀
Keep calm, paint on… Have a great weekend!